WannabeRE

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Giving Thanks

So yeah, this year sorta sucked.

Between my fertility issues, my father's cancer and heart issues, my mother's broken wrist, and multiple adoption dissapointments, we just wanted 2007 to retire and shove it up its ass.

However, here it, November. And my parents are healthy, my sister's pregnancy is going swimmingly, our friends are healthy and happy, and we have Charlotte.

We couldn't ask for anything more. 2007 ended up ok.

So thank you to our families who have been a resource of undying support and love.

Thank you to our friends who have listened to our bitching and let us cry and provided so much love and support.

Thank you to our adoption staff who brought us the world's best reason to be thankful.

And thank you to people who read me whom I don't know. I click on your blogs and read your journeys and feel inspired and less alone and hopeful and excited for you.

I am feeling so thankful this morning I had to wake J up and tell him. That wasn't smart, or nice, but it was meaningful.

I also locked us out of our bathroom at 5 am but that's a different story. Ha.

Love to you all and please take a minute today to feel appreciated and loved by the Guberfamily!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so glad that 2007 ended up being a good one for you after all.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

entattorneyCongratulations! Just read your whirlwind story -- very similar to ours. The shock of becoming a parent so quickly is one of the unique experiences you can have as an adoptive parent. Enjoy your new little one and have a happy holiday season.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I was gone for a week and come back and started reading this post and did a double-take -- who's Charlotte?? Then I scrolled down... how exciting!! How wonderful! I just love stories like these. I am so happy for you and it gives me even more hope for myself!

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home