WannabeRE

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Well.


C's in college, doing well. We have 4 other kids and J and I are retiring at the end of the month.


Oh! Wait! It hasn't been THAT long...


Things here continue to be blessedly, wonderfully normal. C is progressing like a champ and true to her parents is loud and crazy and active. She doesn't sleep through the night yet which sucks but honestly, we love seeing her at 3 am even if I have fallen asleep and the bottle has fallen out of my hands. Yes. I am that mom.


Balancing work and home is actually do-able at this moment. I do feel as though I am one illness, accident, diarrhea episode, nanny sick day away from my house of cards tumbling down but for today, that house still wobbles. But stands. Work is going great and in fact I am up for a promotion that I will know about sometime in 2008. Or 09. We don't move quickly there.


I cannot tell you how much I am loving being a Mom. In fact to this day I wake up every day to her dulcet tones (WAAAA WAAAA WAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH) and smile. If any of you, beloved friends or family, woke me with that crap I would level you. But her? Every poopy diaper is a dream, her screams are our lullabies and her drool our elixer. Actually that last part is not true, it is fucking gross. But seeing her little baby teeth come in and hearing her make noises that one day MAY be talking is the highlight of my day. To give you a sense of how much I have changed it is 70 and sunny today and I am sitting in my house with her, not antsy to go outside. We have so much fun.

J left for his big 3 week trip today so we celebrated Mother's Day last night, which was fantastic. He is really thoughtful and got me a fantastic gift - a Breville Espresso Machine. Hello! Literal cup is literally flowing over! Once I read the tome that is the directions I will make cappucinos for the entire East Coast. Most importantly though he spent his last night not working or packing but taking me to dinner at Marseille, a place where we had our third and "seal the deal" date. No, not that. It was the date where I realized I did sorta like him and we had our first kiss. Really fun.

Anyway I have not posted much because the mundane routine that is my life (love it! love it! love it!) is not that interesting and that is fine with me. We plan to start the adoption process again come November so in the interim if anything interesting, or lots of uninteresting, things happen I will post. I miss writing but the only reason I sat down tonight is that J isn't here to play with and Baby C is sleeping peacefully. I am going to try to post a pic of her here so you can all ooh and aah that our kid is better than any kid. Except yours, of course.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh R, you really ARE a wonderful Mom, I was SO glad to see the pic...and she is truly like a little angel. HAPPY BELATED MOTHERS DAY! God bless you & your family.
Malia

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home