WannabeRE

Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Sisterhood of Traveling Ovum

So...get this. I have two very good friends, who will remain nameless, who are also pregnant. And we are all due within 7 days of each other. I knew about one but found out about the other one recently when we were all together. How WEIRD and AMAZING is that? I could not have asked for two better people to go through this with.

On the one hand I can hardly contain myself from thinking about group prenatal classes, shopping for maternity clothes together, and swapping swaddling stories.

On the other hand it feels like tremendous pressure and like tempting fate - I want us all to have healthy, successful, blessed pregnancies and are the odds against us? Is it too much to ask? J tells me that that is not the way odds work. I was told there would be no math during pregnancy, so I must listen to him, I guess.

I am also starting to worry how much of my sort of not really there symptoms are related to the progesterone supplements I am taking, and how much due to the baby. I hope to hell when I stop these supplements I all of a sudden dont lose the few symptoms that make me feel pregnant.

I have no morning sickness. None. Neither did my mom or aunt, both of whom I take after physically. But it makes it less real and more imaginary, and I can't help but worry about those statistics that say morning sickness is a sign of strong pregnancy.

And of course I am worried about Feb 12, when we find out if this little bean is really going to make it, or at least if he (I think its a he) has a heartbeat. Will I be able to relax a bit after that? Discuss.

Basically, I am a worrying machine. I could power NYC with the amount of worry I have.

And just so no one emails me that "worrying is bad for the baby" - a little response - I CAN"T HELP IT. So by saying that you will give me one more thing to worry about. :)

I am not a mess, nor am I chewing up my nails. I just have a low grade feeling of anxiety all the time, like a fever of 99 or something. And my dreams are outta control. Last night it was that angelina jolie and I were being stalked by a crazy cab driver. They are so real I swear I could tell you that she is, in fact, beautiful close up and also very nice.

That is all I have to say today. Oh and my constipation has passed. Get it? Passed?

I crack myself up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Randi said...

Wow - two other people? Sounds like you've made pregnancy contagious.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I was told there would be no math during pregnancy"

Now THAT'S funny. Kinda like a paraphrase from my granddaddy's movie, Treasure of the Sierra Madre: "We don' need no stinkin' math!"

Congratulations on returning to the blog. All of us here at the Math Emporium love to read your comments. You crack us up too--Really. Stay well, and all good things. We're rooting for you and little Jack (or Juan Pablo or...).

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's hoping that more folks around you catch the baby - just read something that smelling vanilla or caramel is exceedingly calming, so you might want to stock up on that...also, working your way through three seasons of the Wire ;)

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home