WannabeRE

Friday, January 19, 2007

Yes Virginia,

I am pregnant.

Really pregnant.

Like beta of 400. Which Dr S says means multiples. Not sure how many yet.

Jeff heard from the Dr at around 4, ran up to my office, and told me right after. Once I cried for like 4 minutes, we started calling family which was incredibly fun. We called each other "mommy" and "daddy" all night, like we were two 95 year olds. He yelled "My wife is pregnant" in the Coach House Diner. Since everyone in JC is pregnant, and also 15 years old, no one cared.

This IVF is da shit.

Listen, honestly, I am beyond thrilled. But I am also aware that this is just the beginning. I have to go back to the Drs on Monday to make sure my beta is rising. And after that, the sonogram and the heartbeat.

I know that the first few months are tricky, and promise to stay positive but also be realistic. So for this reason, I am trying to stay as calm as possible and just enjoy the moment. I am not shouting it from the rooftops, and in fact am thinking through when to tell my boss. I want to NOT go on a trip at the end of this month so may tell her sooner rather than later.

Thank you all for coming on the ride. More to come I am sure, but for now, lets all think good thoughts for Kim Jong Il 2, Amadanadinijab 2, and Perry (Jeff thinks there are 3). Perry stands for Dr Cox in Scrubs and, less nicely, a parasite. Ew. But I will be goddamned if I don't love all these little buggers so much already.

Will let you know how the numbers are on Monday.

Best. Day. Ever.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woooooo hoo!

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Rachel and Jeff, that is HUGE! That's what I call a birthday present!

xx w

10:50 PM  
Blogger lemming said...

Massive congrats. No diplomas are given for "best pregnancy" d0 teh best you can withw hat you have and it will be more than enough.

Then come the 3 AM feedings, diapers, colic... and the pure, unadulterated joy.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home